Saturday, July 22, 2006

Museum of American History

Annie Kate in front of the fountain at the museum. She was so excited to get a copy of the Declaration of Independence which she ran home and hung up in her room. We told her that if she memorized the whole thing we would give her $100. she just may do it, maybe I should have made the prize lower.
This is the flag that hung over the pentagon on September 12th. It was amazing. One of my favorite things in the museum. Of course we were civil war aditcts in the War section. There was a Jim Henson muppet section that is here for the summer. A lot of the museum was under construction so a lot seemed to be closed. The entire museum will close in September and reopen in 2008. So if you want to see it you have a month and a half left.

Photos of the visit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

More cool photos, I love that you can see the reflection of people walking by. That flag is amazing, I get so emotional when I think about September 11th, I don't know how I'd do seeing some of that stuff.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home