


National Air and Space MuseumToday we went to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. Bevan and Amanda were in town with their boys. We thought it would be a perfect, quite, Monday morning to go to the museum, then we realized it was the 4th of July weekend. We were lucky to find parking right in front of the museum for both our cars.
When we walked in Caroline was so excited, she kept yelling rocket ship. Annie Kate thought the security check was all part of the feel of the museum to make you feel like we were in an airport. (funny huh)
I was pleasantly surprised at how much the girls like it.
We ate lunch at the huge McDonald's inside. They even have their own happy meal toys made just for them. (Jeff was thrilled so we didn't have to buy anything at the gift shop)
Liam almost got hit by a wooden propeller of an antique replica, he crawled into the exhibit. That was close.
The girls got to get inside an actual Cesna aircraft.
One museum down about 100 more to go.
Photos of the day.

3 Comments:
Great idea Kristi! D.C. definitely has too much for one pink blog to handle.
Isn't that the coolest museum? My girls loved this one the most of all the other ones. That McD's sure won them over too! Boy does it get packed in there too! Glad you had fun!
Your kids are so lucky, I loved Washington DC! The Smithsonian Museums are so great. I think a Mathis (lived next door to Grandma) works for one as a curator...I think the Natural History one. The Spy Museum is really cool too, it's one of the only musuems you have to pay to get it, but it was so fun. Their Zoo is great...I could go on and on. I am jealous.
Post a Comment
<< Home