Friday, July 21, 2006

Smithsonian American Art Museum

This is a photo of Sally Jane and Caroline looking at the photo below of a abstract art of a woman eating ice cream. The woman is not real, but is a life size manquin, it looks totally real! I put the stroller right up to the woman and the girls were silent and could not stop staring. I was laughing so hard.


We checked out a book about the museum before we went. I picked out four prints that Annie Kate had to find. This is a must for kids in Art Museums, they get bored fast. This was the first one . She was so excited .
I could not believe how much Jeff and I loved this museum. The civil war galleries were my favorite. I was standing in front of a letter that President Lincoln wrote at the beginning of the war. Annie Kate came over to me and said "Why are you crying?" I couldn't explain it, Jeff and I loved being there.
We also saw the William Wegman Gallery, you know him the guy that takes photos of his dogs. His work was amazing and inspired me to try something for my Christmas card, we will see if I follow through with that one.
It was a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That's so funny that Sally Jane and Caroline were staring at that photo. It looks so real (and bizarre). The photo of Annie Kate is funny too. What a good idea to have her find things while you're wandering the museum. I think it's so great that you guys are doing so much site seeing because you're exposing your kids to these treasures at such a young age that they're going to feel comfortable and have affection and interests in those sorts of things as they get older. Basically you're giving a gift to their future selves.

11:37 PM  
Blogger TX Girl said...

Great idea about finding a picture. You are a clever, clever woman.

I cannot believe how quickly y'all are going through the museums (I realize you will go back, but..) It is good you are giving the girls an opportunity to grow to love the amazing things offered in your area.

6:48 AM  
Blogger TX Girl said...

So I didn't read Jill's post before I wrote mine.. good minds.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home