Saturday, July 22, 2006

Washington Monument

This photo was taken on our way to the monument. I have now decided if I am going to document that I too lived in D.C. I will have to take them all myself by turning the camera around. I love this photo of me and Annie Kate.
We finallly made it to a place Caroline has been wanting to go to since we got here. The Washington Monument. You can see it from almost any place downtown. Caroline is always pointing it out. We have this great book given to us by Emily G. and Caroline loves the page with the Washington monument and always says she wants to go to the top. So when we were walking up to it, she was jumping out of the stroller. She could not wait to touch it.
She usually does not like to pose for photos but could not wait to get out and pose for this one.
I love the above photo of Annie Kate can't even look at the camera because she is still so excited about her Declaration of Independence. (which she told us today that is was not completly written by Thomas Jefferson, but he did do most of it... where is she learning this stuff)
It was really windy which was great because you could hear the flags blowing. I can't wait to plan ahead next time and get tickets to go to the top.
More photos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went when it was raining. So no one was there and we got to go up to the top with no waiting.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Cute photos. I'm so glad you decided to start getting in the pictures. It always makes me sad when the mom is missing from all the great stuff even though she took all the pictures and made the whole day happen. I look forward to seeing more of you.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home